INTERACTIVE DRUMMING FOR KIDS! (age 3-5)
New & Improved RHYTHM KIDS™ coming soon! Music Together® HQ has re-vamped the Rhythm Kids curriculum to make it better than ever! Our teachers are getting trained and certified in this new method, and we look forward to sharing it with you this Winter!
CONTACT US! to find out about Rhythm Kids coming to your Preschool!
RHYTHM KIDS™ was created and developed by musician, composer and percussionist, Tom Foote with more than ten years of in-class research with children of all ages. Tom noticed that many children stop taking music classes between the ages of 5-9 because they aged out of "Mommy & Me" classes and they weren't quite ready for private instruction. Rhythm Kids is designed to help children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives.
With this in mind, RHYTHM KIDS™ began to offer a program that would combine musical concepts in a way that would keep children engaged, and actively participating in music, for as long as possible. The drums were chosen because of their accessibility (ease of use) and their ability to be used in various ways.
Rhythm Kids™ Vision :
- National standards for music education
- Activities that allow children to create and express themselves through music and movement
- Traditional, global rhythms, and patterns based on cultural music
- Songs from around the world
- Music methods that reinforce language skills
- Music-based games to develop coordination
- Activities that reinforce social skills (listening, cooperation, respect, doing their best, etc)
- Most importantly, it had to be FUN!
Rhythm Kids™ Four Guiding Principles :
- Rhythm is a primal understanding that we carry within us (heartbeat, language, walking, etc.)
- Rhythm is a basic, fundamental skill that all children can learn, develop & strengthen
- Rhythm is foundational to other disciplines; instrument lessons, singing, dancing and playing sports
- Creating a culture of "play" that connects the freedom of self-expression with the voice, the body and the drum is important for a student's overall ability to comprehend simple, and even more advanced, rhythmic concepts
Although we bring drums to class, RHYTHM KIDS™ is way more than just a drumming class with our main focus being to develop rhythm using: the voice, the body and the instrument. Our class format and activities strengthen and draw out a child's natural sense of rhythm while they have FUN!
RHYTHM KIDS™ is a three year curriculum and the rhythm patterns are adapted from cultures all around the world including; Ghana, Puerto Rico, Morocco, Mali, Guinea, Columbia, Senegal, Nigeria and many others. The benefits of music in a child's life are long lasting and we hope our classes will bring music and happiness to your child, to your family and to your community for many, many years!
WHAT ARE RHYTHM KIDS™CLASSES LIKE?
TYPES OF RHYTHM KIDS CLASSES OFFERED
LEARN MORE ABOUT RHYTHM KIDS™ FOUNDER!
PARENT NOTEBOOK ARTICLE ON THE BENEFITS OF RHYTHM KIDS™!