DURING A RHYTHM KIDS™ CLASS KIDS WILL:
- Play a variety of drums: traditional djembes, kongas, bongos, and doumbeks, that the teacher provides in class
- Learn a different "animal rhythm" each session
- Explore a series of sequential, and success-based rhythm patterns
- Experience traditional and adapted rhythms from around the world
- Be given opportunities to create, cooperate, and express themselves
- Discover concepts of soloing, composition, and improvisation
- Learn to move to the beat, and help create fun-based games that reinforce rhythmic learning
- SING, DANCE, DRUM, and have FUN! Plus a whole lot more...I wish it was around when I was a kid!
KIDS™ HAS TWO TYPES OF CLASSES SO EVERYONE CAN GET DRUMMING!
3-5)-Drum Like an Animal
Drum Like an Animal
Preschoolers! Class involves drumming, singing, dancing and
age-appropriate, but equally as fun, music games. This is way more than
just a drumming class with our main focus being to develop rhythm using
the voice, the body, and the instrument. Our class format and activities
strengthen and draw out a child's natural sense of rhythm while they
have FUN!. Caregivers attend and drum along with us!
RHYTHM KIDS™ (Age 5-10)-Big Kids
This classic RHYTHM
KIDS™class is a dynamic and innovative program
for children age 5-10. After Music Together® classes and before a child
is ready for private lessons, RHYTHM KIDS™ is the next step in a child's
musical development. This program helps children integrate and
assimilate rhythm into their lives. With a lighthearted and innovative
teaching approach, children (ages 5 to 10) learn multicultural music,
rhythms, movement and drumming all while they HAVE FUN! Caregivers drop
off their children for this class, but are welcome to come drum with us
at the end of class each day.