IT IS NEVER TOO EARLY TO START PRACTICING YOGA!
THE PERFECT INTRODUCTION TO YOGA FEATURING:
- developmentally appropriate teaching of yoga poses and breathing exercises...where yoga is fun!
- intelligent incorporation of yoga songs and games
- integration of music to aid in relaxation and to reinforce the positive messages of the yoga practice through kid-friendly lyrics
- classes that are dynamic and engaging
- well-planned lessons including individual and partner yoga
- practice of personal focus and self-calming skills
- a wonderful place to connect with other children in the community
- age-appropriate instruction by experienced, certified children's yoga teachers
- limited class size so that children receive the individual attention they need
BENEFITS OF YOGA INCLUDE:
- build strength and balance
- learn focus and self-calming skills
- improve body awareness
- increase self esteem
- gain self confidence
- better cooperation skills
- deepen flexibility
- clear the mind
RADIANT CHILD YOGA HAS TWO TYPES OF CLASSES:
LITTLE YOGI (Age 4-6)
Little yogis (ages 4-6) learn yoga breathing, postures and meditation in each hour class. Imagination is key with this age group! Activities like “blowing out birthday candles” help us tune in and help little yogis learn yoga breathing. We go on yoga adventures! “Traveling” to faraway lands, little yogis are guided through poses that represent all that they encounter. A tree, a mountain, a lion in the jungle! Music is incorporated into each class to help students remain engaged and relaxed and to reinforce the positive messages of the yoga practice through thoughtful and kid-friendly lyrics. Deep relaxation is always followed by a simple meditation. Each class ends with a mindful game, activity or simple art project. Little yogis will leave class with a weekly “homework” assignment to continue their practice at home (for example a coloring page with a new yoga pose, instructions to practice the meditation learned in class, etc.)
Parents may participate or observe this class.
BIG YOGI (Age 7-9)
Big Yogis (ages 7-9) will continue to explore the joys of yoga as they practice more physically challenging postures to build strength, balance and focus in their one-hour class. Yoga breathing, postures and meditation will be included in all classes. Big yogis focus on building strong body and breath awareness, cooperative skills, and self-confidence. Children will help “teach” the yoga adventures – calling upon creativity and imagination whilst building leadership skills. Activities like partner yoga enforce cooperative learning and are great fun! Deep relaxation is always followed by meditation or a simple chant. Each class ends with a mindful game, activity or simple art project. Big yogis will leave class with a weekly “homework” assignment to continue their practice at home (for example, practice teaching a posture for class the following week, instructions to practice the meditation learned in class, etc.)
Parents may drop-off or observe this class.