Groovy Glee is a music class for children, ages 5-9, who love to sing and dance!
During a Groovy Glee class kids will:
- Have fun singing and dancing with similar aged peers
- Sing vocal warm ups such as: scales, arpeggios, and tongue twisters
- Warm up their bodies through stretching and rhythm and movement exercises
- Learn to sing in a round and hold their part while others are singing different parts
- Play musical games to help reinforce the melodic and rhythmic concepts taught in class
- Learn to sing several songs, of various genres, such as Pop, Rock, Gospel, Folk, and Musical Theater, while moving their bodies to simple choreography
- Discover the nuances of musical expression, such as following dynamic and tempo changes, and understanding phrasing
- Enjoy occasional instrument play with percussion instruments, such as tambourines, claves, drums, or shaker eggs
- Delve into the world of vocal performance in a low-pressure environment
Groovy Glee is a funky and fun way for your child to develop singing skills, and experience the joy of community music-making!